This strategic pillar will focus on the increasing access to appropriate SGBV responses and life-saving SRHR services for women and girls.
We will focus on addressing challenges of VAWG, stigmatisation and discrimination of users and providers of SRHR services, as well as growing cases of unsafe abortions and harmful practices such as CEFM, FGM and beading.
To enhance bodily self-determination and reduce VAWG by offering comprehensive/ integrated SGBV responses and SRHR services.
- Build and share evidence on emerging issues on SRHR, VAWG and related violations.
- Undertake campaigns against SGBV, harmful practices and retrogressive attitudes against women and girls.
- Carry out campaigns towards greater awareness of SRHR and access and use of SRH services.
- Advocate for greater prioritisation of SGBV and SRHR in both County and National Government planning and development processes.
- Strengthen women and girls’ voice and agency on issues of SRHR, VAWG and other violations.
- Document and share (new) knowledge and solutions (best practices, models and strategies).
- Mobilise, organise and strengthen capacity of change agents on identified need areas.
- Support existence of responsive media that promotes women and girls’ rights and freedoms.
- Support key actors to organise, analyse, learn, strategise and act on emerging issues on VAWG.
- Establish, engage and provide leadership in strategic women’s networks and movements.
- Mobilise and strengthen a critical mass of progressive thinkers, Women’s Human Rights Defenders (WHRD) and other relevant actors/change agents on VAWG and SRHR.
- Facilitate comprehensive rehabilitation and redress for survivors of SGBV.
- Provide direct legal advice and referral services to victims of SGBV and other violations.
- Facilitate greater access to SRHR services to women and girls.