This strategic pillar is inward-looking and will mainly focus on internal organisational well- being of COVAW. It seeks to build on existing organisational strengths while addressing emerging capacity gaps.
To enable COVAW consolidate its position as a dynamic, relevant, effective and resilient institution. It will focus on the following areas:
Specific objective: To acquire and reserve sufficient resources for COVAW to operate sustainably.
1. Develop and operationalise a resource mobilisation strategy, policy and plan.
2. Strengthen the resource mobilisation capacity of COVAW staff and board.
3. Strengthen local resources generation and engage in assets building.
4. Invest in relationship building with key stakeholders and benefactors.
5. Develop and implement a marketing and communication strategy, policy and plan.
6. Undertake sustained traditional and digital media presence and campaigns.
Specific objective: To generate, analyse, document and share quality data to aid programme planning, delivery, organisational learning, decision-making, visibility and accountability.
1. Research and disseminate knowledge and information on topical VAWG concerns.
2. Support development and up-scaling of innovative and sustainable programme approaches or models.
3. Generate, document and disseminate best practices.
4. Further improve and fully operationalise the COVAW MERL system.
5. Establish and fully operationalise a Management Information System (MIS).
Specific objective:To establish and maintain an internal environment that safeguards the integrity of COVAW processes and resources.
1. Establish and continually improve automated systems for Finance, Human Resource and Administration.
2. Develop and regularly review organisational policies, procedures and systems.
3. Enforce appropriate internal controls and oversight and compliance mechanisms.
4. Continually support and invest in staff development.
5. Align the organisation structure to changes in the strategy.